Configure your own "custom" CDN
Getting a domain
First you need a domain. For example Godaddy
Register on Cloudflare
Creating certs with Cloudflare
Step 1. Navigate to the Crypto page on Cloudflare
Log in to www.cloudflare.com and click the "Crypto" icon. You might need to click your domain name first.
Step 2. Change your SSL to "Full (strict)"
The change will be saved automatically!
Step 3. Create certificate"
Under Origin Certificates - Click Create Certificate
Step 4. Fill out the form
After clicking "Create Certificate", a popup will open.
- Select "Let Cloudflare generate a private key and a CSR"
- Make sure to select "RSA"
- Leave list hostnames default to what is preselected
- For certificate expiration close anything from 1 year to 15 years depending on if you want
Step 5. Generate the certs
Now click next, and you will be given your certificates.
- Copy the Origin certificate to text editor and save it with the name chain.pem
- Copy the Private key to a text editor and save it with the name privkey.pem
- Make a copy of chain.pem and name it fullchain.pem
Step 6. Get the root cert
Providing us with the needed data
Head over to settings - CDN Host page. You will be presented with a form asking for some data.
Login to cloudflare.com and click your domain.
In the "overview" tab, scroll down and find the Zone ID. Copy this and add it to the form.
Click the "get your api key" button underneath the "account ID" box. Scroll down and click "view" on "Global api key". Copy this and add it to the form. The Cloudflare E-mail is the email you logged in with. Add this to the form.
Enter your domain in the "Domain" field. Do not include http, https, or www.
.pem file content
Open the chain.pem, fullchain.pem and privkey.pem in your favorite editor.
Copy ALL of the content and copy into their respective text area in the form.
When you're done, click "Save information"
You may head over to the dashbaord, and the new CDN will appear in the CDN kronos dropdown list!