Noticing "Indirect connection" on plex?
AN INDIRECT CONNECTION COULD INDICATE THAT REMOTE ACCESS IS NOT PROPERLY CONFIGURED, OR A CDN CONFIGURATION HAS GONE WRONG.
1. I do not have CDN enabled
First, go to plex.tv/web -> settings(top right corner) -> remote access, is it red? Or green?
If its green, your server is fine and the issue is with your network
If its red
- Your server is misconfigured.
- Restart the server and see if it turns green
- If it's still red, go to your dashboard and click "reset plex config". Then re-claim the server
If reset plex config and re-claim didn't solve it
I have CDN enabled
- Disable the CDN, reset plex config - confirm it is then green in remote access
- Enable CDN again and confirm it is once again green